PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT WITH TY XTREME: OUTDOOR ADVENTURE INTENSIVE
TY Xtreme is a two-week intensive featuring unique nature expeditions throughout upstate New York and Pennsylvania.
Adventure in the Great Outdoors
The adventure starts at TY with a custom-designed series of nature expeditions that promote independence, the ability to work in a group, and personal self-confidence. Participants will start by mastering the ropes course, followed by a four-day kayaking trip on the Delaware River. The program finishes up with a challenging bike ride across the Catskills Mountains of Upstate New York.
Health, Nature & Love of the Jewish Community
Most nights, campers will stay in a different beautiful natural site; setting up tents, making fires, and bonding with teens from Jewish communities around the world. Participants will learn about the Jewish values of sustainability and preservation and create a unique community centered around health, nature, and love of the Jewish people.
Forever Bonded by Lifelong Friendships
Through adventure, lifelong friendships arise. Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week TY Xtreme Outdoors Intensive will:
- Build outdoor survival skills, including reading maps, building fires, and cooking outdoors.
- Develop proficiency in kayaking, hiking, biking, and rappelling.
- Promote peer responsibility for fellow explorers and dependability upon oneself.
- Gain an appreciation for the natural environment that is the Northeastern United States.
- Earn a sense of accomplishment from completing daily challenges.
- Lift self-confidence, broaden personal insights, and realize new heights of independence.
- Improve physical endurance and the appreciation of a healthy lifestyle.