LEARN ISRAELI MARTIAL ARTS WITH “KRAV MAGA” SELF DEFENSE TRAINING
This two-week intensive instructs teens on self-defense, the history of Krav Maga, and how it fits into the global Jewish community.
Develop Tactics Used by Israeli Defense Forces
Krav Maga encompasses elements of various martial arts styles and is widely used by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). Through this technique, teens will learn heightened awareness of their surroundings, train to increase physical fitness levels, and develop tactics for personal defense.
The self defense intensive provides teens with expert instruction by an active Krav Maga instructor. Along with training, participants will learn the history of Krav Maga, which follows European Jews in the 20th century and the establishment of the State of Israel.
Combining Physicality with Community
Krav Maga training is just one part of this two-week intensive. The TY environment provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week Krav Maga Self Defense Intensive will:
- Learn one of the most effective self-defense techniques in the world.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Build up personal physical fitness levels.
- Train with a Krav Maga specialist.
- Come to understand more about Krav Maga’s connection to the Jewish people.
- Become a part of TY’s unique global community, sharing in recreational and educational activities among Jewish teens from around the world.