IMPACT Summer Tours provides two- to four-weeks programs that are designed to make an impact on teens’ lives while they make an impact on others. Its “summer abroad” experience combines a unique range of activities and a value-driven focus.
Our programs offer IMPACTful journeys in a total of 10 countries around the globe.
Each program includes:
- Relevant learning experiences; e.g., language skills, local history and culture.
- Religious celebration; e.g., sharing Shabbat with members of local Jewish groups and learning about re-emerging Jewish communities around the world.
- Sightseeing and recreation; e.g., river rafting, chimpanzee treks.
- Community service; e.g., children’s clinics, summer school programs.
- Cultural integration; e.g., meeting with village fishermen, playing ball with local youth.
We support a “people are people” philosophy and believe that the best way to discover a country is through its people.”
Vietnam – After decades of war in the last century, this southeast Asian country has become a world tourism destination, famed for its lovely beaches, multi-cultural architecture, and vibrant cities. Summer program highlights include volunteer activities in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City and planned sports activities with local youth.
Laos – A southeast Asian country often described as off the beaten track, Laos is laid-back. But its gilded temples, breathtaking mountains, and mighty Mekong River combine with a rich cultural history to attract visitors around the world. Summer program highlights include area sightseeing, volunteering with local youth, and meeting with the developing local Jewish community.
Thailand – This southeast Asian country is renowned for its Buddhist temples, tropical beaches, and delicious cuisine. Its capital, Bangkok, is known as one of Asia’s most sophisticated cities. Summer program highlights include a visit to Bangkok and volunteer opportunities in the ancient city of Chiang Mai.