IMPACT Summer Tours provides two- to four-weeks programs that are designed to make an impact on teens’ lives while they make an impact on others. Its “summer abroad” experience combines a unique range of activities and a value-driven focus.
Our programs offer IMPACTful journeys in a total of 10 countries around the globe.
Each program includes:
- Relevant learning experiences; e.g., language skills, local history and culture.
- Religious celebration; e.g., sharing Shabbat with members of local Jewish groups and learning about re-emerging Jewish communities around the world.
- Sightseeing and recreation; e.g., river rafting, chimpanzee treks.
- Community service; e.g., children’s clinics, summer school programs.
- Cultural integration; e.g., meeting with village fishermen, playing ball with local youth.
We support a “people are people” philosophy and believe that the best way to discover a country is through its people.”
Thailand – This southeast Asian country is renowned for its Buddhist temples, tropical beaches, and delicious cuisine. Its capital, Bangkok, is known as one of Asia’s most sophisticated cities. Summer program highlights include a visit to Bangkok and volunteer opportunities in the ancient city of Chiang Mai.
Cambodia – This previously war-torn southeast Asian nation is rebuilding itself in a way that embraces its future but honors its historical architecture and culture, from art deco markets to ancient royal palaces. Summer program highlights include a visit to the ancient stone temple, Angkor Wat, and a course in “Understanding the Cambodian Genocide.”