IMPACT Summer Tours provides two- to four-weeks programs that are designed to make an impact on teens’ lives while they make an impact on others. Its “summer abroad” experience combines a unique range of activities and a value-driven focus.
Our programs offer IMPACTful journeys in a total of 10 countries around the globe.
Each program includes:
- Relevant learning experiences; e.g., language skills, local history and culture.
- Religious celebration; e.g., sharing Shabbat with members of local Jewish groups and learning about re-emerging Jewish communities around the world.
- Sightseeing and recreation; e.g., river rafting, chimpanzee treks.
- Community service; e.g., children’s clinics, summer school programs.
- Cultural integration; e.g., meeting with village fishermen, playing ball with local youth.
We support a “people are people” philosophy and believe that the best way to discover a country is through its people.”
East Africa – The landlocked African countries of Rwanda and Uganda are known for their abundant wildlife, stunning vistas, and indigenous Jewish communities. Summer program highlights include a Genocide Awareness and Prevention Seminar and working in getting Abayudaya youth to Israel along with Uganda-style kosher cooking classes and a rafting trip.