JOIN THE NEXT GENERATION OF JEWISH LEADERS: THE HAMAMAH ADVANCED LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The Hamamah Experience is a two-week intensive featuring hands-on, mentor-based training for the next generation of Jewish leaders.
Mix of General & Specialized Leadership
Campers will participate in workshops focused on general leadership skills as well as special interest leadership clinics. These mentor-based intensives will prepare campers for real-world scenarios and provide future in-camp leadership opportunities. Skill building in public speaking, programming hands-on activities, and group discussion is complemented by fun-filled experiences in team building, sports, environmental work, and performing arts. Other options include programming skills and American Red Cross Lifeguard Accreditation.
Teens will guide other campers in a variety of camp activities and take the lead on Maccabia, a full day of fun and friendly high-energy competitions that channel campers’ creativity, ability to work in teams, athleticism, and team-spirit. They will also gain hands-on practical experience through an individualized camp internship, where they’ll apprentice a member of the TY staff.
Investing in Future Opportunities
Upon finishing the two-week intensive, campers will receive a Hamamah Certificate of Completion, with the opportunity to be eligible for a $250 bonus if hired for a programmatic position at a Young Judaea camp in a subsequent summer.*
In addition to the various leadership offerings of this intensive, Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
*The Hamamah Certificate of Completion will reward a graduate with a $250 bonus for a full summer (or $100 one-session employ) if hired for a programmatic position at a Young Judaea camp in a subsequent summer. This bonus award will be paid by Tel Yehudah. Tel Yehudah cannot guarantee employment by Young Judaea camps.
Teens participating in the two-week Hamamah Advanced Leadership Institute will:
- Examine the basic ideas and questions that underlie effective leadership.
- Participate in workshops focused on both general and camp-specific leadership.
- Lead a variety of activities for other campers, including Maccabia, a full day of fun, friendly and high-energy competitions.
- Gain hands-on practical experience through an individualized camp internship.
- Receive a Hamamah Certificate of Completion for the Leadership Seminar with the opportunity to be eligible for a $250 bonus.*
- Participate in the variety of TY activities such as tzofiyut, shira, rikud, sports, omanut, and teva.