Counselors-in-Training (CITs) (grades 7–8)
Why Become a CIT?
This camp offers you the best of both worlds.
1) It is a leadership training program
- CITs develop skills to know how to plan events, keep young campers safe and entertained, and communicate effectively with different age groups
- Coordinate mitzvah projects and Fun Days—from idea to execution—for the Ruach camps
- Earn community service credit (36 hours per two-week camp session)
2) It is a lot of fun:
- Bond with other teens
- Go on a CIT only field trip
- Be a role model to the younger campers
“My son had a great time at the JCC and really grew as a leader through his work there."
Leaders-In-Training (LITs) (grades 9-10)
Leaders-in-Training (LITs) is a program for selected teens who would like a deeper experience in summer camp counseling. Training will be more advanced, and you will have more responsibilities with the campers and with training the CITs. We want to recognize your contributions and dedication to our camp, and this is a next step opportunity to take advantage of what you have learned and can offer. Successful completion of the program will earn each LIT a small stipend.