Welcome to Camp Yachad where we offer incredible summers for children ages 18 months to 14 years! Yachad means "together" in Hebrew. Our day camp, based at the JCC of Central NJ in Scotch Plains, our travel camp, based out of our Springfield site, our Performing Arts specialty camp on the UCVTS campus in Scotch Plains, and our new Maccabi Sports Camp at the Wardlaw-Hartridge campus in Edison all provide a memorable, fun and activity-filled experience where children are encouraged to grow as individuals, develop self-esteem, learn new skills and build friendships.
Making the transition from camper to leader, the L.I.T. program is for campers entering 9th grade. Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) is a hybrid program that provides both a great travel camp experience and valuable hands-on leadership instruction needed to be a successful summer camp counselor.
- L.I.T.s will alternate their weeks in summer camp between being a counselor intern (specific group and specialty) and as a travel camper which includes one extended (4 nights/5 days) overnight trip per 4 week session.
- For more information about what L.I.T. campers will enjoy in 2018, please contact the camp office at 908-889-8800 x209 or email@example.com.
- In counselor internships, L.I.T.s work independently and as part of a leadership group honing communication skills, developing trust and engaging in creative thinking with professional speakers and facilitators.
- L.I.T.s successfully completing at least one 4-week session of the program have first priority to work at Camp Yachad the following summer as a Counselor in Training (C.I.T.).
- L.I.T.s will learn about games and activities that engage young campers; they will learn how to work with peers and supervisors, and they will learn leadership styles and approaches, time management, communication and organization skills.
- Get this...lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included.