At Camp Sisol, we relate to children as unique individuals who should be given opportunities to learn new things, experience new challenges and develop new skills (both physical and social), while feeling good about themselves. We believe that this can be accomplished most successfully in a relaxed, fun atmosphere, with support provided to bring out the best in every single camper.
Being a camp counselor is tremendously rewarding. CIT is a great entry into the working world as you develop strong leadership skills. The camaraderie with coworkers and the bonds with campers can be lifelong. CITs will be challenged beyond their expectations but our CIT program allows a gradual, guided transition under the supervision of an experienced camp leader.
The CIT program will prepare participants for future work with children (especially at Camp Sisol).
The goals of this program are to:
- Learn about and practice leadership techniques and experiences
- Participate in team-building activities
- Learn the fundamentals of working with children
- Introduction to the professional experience and expectations
- Work together to complete community service projects
- Work within different units at camp, gaining experience in a counselor role
- Explore specialties of interest to them
- Work with specialists, gaining experience planning for and leading activities.