ARE YOU READY TO COOK AN AMAZING SHABBAT DINNER AND MUCH MORE?
BaMitbach teaches teens the art and skills of food preparation and cooking.
Develop the skills used by professional chefs
Participants will gain serious and practical culinary skills such as proper knife technique, kitchen organization, and recipe development in a setting that puts Judaism and Jewish food at the center of learning. No experience with either a knife nor frying pan or even kitchen is necessary.
Let's Prepare Delicious "Jewish" Foods
This new, 2-week intensive program highlights culinary traditions from across the Jewish world: Ashkenazi, Mizrahi, Israeli, etc. By combining a highly professional, culinary-school-style learning environment with classic Tel Yehudah, teens will come home ready to make a delicious five course Shabbat dinner for family and friends!
Culinary Skills Meet Life-Fulfilling Activities
As important as it is to acquire these skills, there is always room for fun, friendships, and exploration. Tel Yehudah provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week BaMitbach Intensive will:
- Develop basic cooking skills including knife skills, kitchen organization, and more.
- Develop an understanding of ingredient selection and meal planning.
- Utilize fresh vegetables and herbs from Tel Yehudah's organic garden.
- Explore questions about Judaism and Jewish Peoplehood through food.
- Prepare a delicious meal for all of camp.
- Prepare a five-course scrumptious Shabbat dinner upon their return home.
- Enjoy the diversity of tastes from across the Jewish world.
- Develop ability to work in cooperation with others.