EXPLORE THE POWER OF JEWISH AND ISRAELI ART: ARTS@TY INTENSIVE
Arts@TY is a two-week collaborative art program inspired by the natural beauty of Tel Yehudah.
Coming Together as an Artistic Community
The Arts@TY program will challenge teens to come together as an artistic community to develop their own projects. Art can be loud; art can be shocking. It presents a platform for meaningful conversations about the importance of Jewish art and the Jewish community as a whole. TY resident artists will collaborate to create mixed media work that reflects their personal hopes and aspirations.
New Arts Facility
Participants will have full access to the brand new arts village facility, including five new studios, that were unveiled in the summer of 2018. A professional artist will lead teens in developing their vision, honing their technical skills, and strengthening their ability to tell a story and engage others through art.
Art & the Essence of Jewish Community
Artistic expression is just one part of the Arts@TY program. TY provides a one-of-a-kind Jewish environment, where teens interact with others from Jewish communities in the U.S., Israel and around the world. The “best of camp” at TY includes the opportunity to partake in sports, arts and Israel education programs. Each week culminates in Shabbat, amidst the natural, serene setting of Tel Yehudah and is followed by a wild Israeli dance party.
Teens participating in the two-week Arts@TY Intensive will:
- Complete an art project inspired by the natural beauty and community of Tel Yehudah.
- Receive guidance from a professional artist to develop vision and hone technical skills.
- Come to understand the roots and challenges of Modern Israeli Art.
- Grasp the collaborative planning and execution necessary for community art projects.
- Raise their skill level in preferred art medium(s).
- Develop teamwork ethics and attitudes.
- Engage with the Jewish Community.
- Realize a greater understanding of their own Jewish identities and express it through art.