Anisfield Day Camp is a vibrant, nurturing community rooted in Jewish values and traditions that inspire campers and staff to learn, grow, and explore while creating lasting memories that strengthen the Cleveland community.
Selected teens are given the tools to become future leaders, role models, and J-Day Camp staff. Participants will work closely with a supervisor as well as other SITs as they learn what it takes to be a full-fledged camp staff member.
Upon completion, SITs receive a certificate of community service hours and a stipend of $225 per session. SITs also receive a free t-shirt and a field trip during each four-week session
All SIT candidates must fill out an additional application (which will be emailed after registration) and candidates will go through a pre-camp interview process. SITs can work one or both sessions.
What You'll Learn:
- Group dynamics & management
- How to advocate for yourself & communicate with a supervisor
- To be a role model to campers
- Leadership skills
- Tools for working with children and on a team
- Listening and communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Interview Skills & resume building tools
- On the job experience