Snap Your Summer 2018 Contest is a hashtag photo contest where 3 registered and eligible participants may each win an Amazon gift card by posting a fun summer program photo from a FindYourSummer.org program using the hashtag #SnapYourSummer2018 to Facebook or Instagram. Here are the official Contest rules:
SNAP YOUR SUMMER 2018
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO PARTICIPATE IN A FINDYOURSUMMER.ORG PROGRAM.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The Jewish Education Project’s Snap Your Summer 2018 Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by The Jewish Education Project (hereinafter, the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM EST on June 25, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on August 24, 2018 (“Entry Period”).
2. CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: An Eligible Participant is a person who meets all of the requirements to enter the Contest, as set forth herein. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are between 14 and 19 years of age as of the date of entry. Eligible Participants must also be enrolled in a Summer Program listed FindYourSummer.org. The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest: Sponsor; any of Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising and promotion agencies; and any employee, officer, director, representative or agent of any of the foregoing persons and the immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor may verify eligibility at any time. The Sponsor will make any determinations of eligibility. Sponsor’s decision as to eligibility is final.
3. TO PARTICIPATE: Eligible Participants can enter the Contest in the following manner:
Entry Method 1: By visiting the FindYourSummer.org Facebook page and either (a) sharing a photo from a FindYourSummer.org program on the FindYourSummer.org Facebook page and including in the caption the hashtag “#SnapYourSummer18”; or (b) locating the SnapYourSummer Contest Post on the FindYourSummer.org Facebook page and leaving a photo as a comment with the hashtag “#SnapYourSummer18”. The FindYourSummer.org Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/findyoursummer.
Entry Method 2: By sharing a photo from a FindYourSunmmer.org program on Instagram and including in the caption the hashtag “#SnapYourSummer18”.
The photo must be an original photo. The photo must have been taken during a FindYourSummer.org program and may portray the Eligible Participant or other fun activities which the Eligible Participant may have participated in during one of the programs. Inappropriate photos, comments, or hashtags are subject to be reported and may be disqualified from participating in the Contest. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a photo, comment, or hashtag is inappropriate. You must be the owner of the email account associated with the Facebook or Instagram account from which your entry is made. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You understand you are providing your information to Sponsor and/or Administrator and not to Facebook or Instagram. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
Limit three (3) entries per person/email address, regardless of method of entry.
Entries must not include personally-identifiable information of any person other than the Eligible Participant; should the Eligible Participant include personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, Eligible Participant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and Eligible Participant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof; Must be the original work of the Eligible Participant; Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement; Must not disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest; Must not contain third-party images, sculptures, or artwork that is not the original work of the Eligible Participant; Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; Must not contain any offensive or vulgar language nor depict any pornographic or illegal act; Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or the local jurisdiction where the Entry is created. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SHARE YOUR ENTRY ON YOUR PERSONAL FACEBOOK TIMELINE AS A CONDITION TO ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
Entries must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 PM EST on August 24, 2018. Any attempt by a person to use multiple identities, fraudulent transactions, or cancelled transactions to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Sponsor upon submission. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry.
4. CRITERIA FOR CONTEST WINNERS: Sponsor will select the 3 winners from among all eligible entries received. Contestants may only win once, regardless of number of how many entries they submit. Sponsor will judge the submissions based on the following 3 criteria: (1) Compliance with Eligibility Requirements; (2) Quality of the Photo; and (3) Creativity of the Photo. (1) Compliance with the Eligibility Requirements: whether the submission meets all the eligibility requirements in Sections 2 and 3 of these Contest Rules. (2) Quality of the Photo: the visual quality of the photo when considering the texture, line, color, shape, form, tone, and space. (3) Creativity of the Photo: the level of creativity featured in the subjects depicted in the photo. A neutral third party will apply the foregoing criteria and select 3 winners, each in its sole discretion. A decision of the Contest Winners is final. Winners will be announced within 72 hours of the submission deadline. There will be a total number of 3 winners through the entirety of the Contest. Contestants will be judged solely upon the participant’s incorporation of the 3 criteria set forth above as compared with other eligible entries received during the Entry Period. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the Sponsor’s assessment of the entry’s Criteria 3 for which it has the ability to determine in its sole discretion.
5. PRIZE: Each Contest winner will receive an Amazon gift card. The first-place winner will receive an Amazon gif card valued at $100; the second-place winner will receive an Amazon gift card valued at $50; and the third-place winner will receive gift card valued at $25 (collectively, the “Prize”). The Prize will be procured, administered, and distributed by Sponsor. The total maximum retail value of the Prize is $100 USD for first place, $50 USD for second place, and $25 USD for third place. The total maximum retail value of all Prizes is $175. Actual value may vary based on shipping and handling. The winner will not receive cash value or any other form of compensation. No prize transfer. No other prize substitution, except at Sponsor sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize winner shall sign and return an IRS W-9 form within the time period specified by Sponsor, and such winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 issued in his/her name for the actual value of prizes received if required by law.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION/ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The potential winners will be notified by Facebook or Instagram Direct Messaging (“Direct Message”) within 72 hours following the announcement of the potential winners, to verify his/her eligibility and ability to accept the Prize. Any such Direct Message will instruct the potential winner(s) to call a specified telephone number or reply by email within 72 hours (measured in the local time zone) after the time that the notification message was left. Potential winner may be required to complete, electronically sign, and submit a Declaration of Compliance and IRS form W9 within 72 hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Potential winner must reply as instructed to identify him/herself, confirm his/her eligibility and ability to accept the Prize, and provide his/her complete contact information within such time period, or he/she will be disqualified. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may only be notified one time as set forth above for attempted prize notification. If the potential winner does not respond within the 72-hour time period, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to another potential winner by way of applying the criteria to the eligible entries. Proof of identity, age, legal residence, and other eligibility requirements may be required to claim the Prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) he/she fails to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, any Direct Message left is not timely returned, or any forms sent to potential winner are not timely returned as instructed. In the event of disqualification of a winner or potential winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner (or runner up) selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. All prizes will be awarded. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing postal address, email address or phone number associated with an entry, or any change of address, email or phone number of entrant after entry submission. Sponsor will determine any prize details not specified in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. Prizes will be delivered to the Winner(s) via email. Sponsor will hold all winning entries for at least sixty days following the completion of the Contest schedule.
7. WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content/deposit(s) that you post; that the content/deposit is/are accurate; that use of the content/deposit(s) you supply/submit does/do not violate the Official Contest Rules or any [intellectual property] rights of a third party and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Sponsor, its related entities and its affiliates for all claims resulting from content/deposits you supply submit. Entrants further grant Sponsor and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. Sponsor has the right to remove or delete any submission, or any part of any submission, if the submission (or any part thereof) contains false, untrue, obscene, or indecent statements or material or if the submission (or any part thereof) violates any applicable law, as determined in their sole discretion.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, or any wholesalers, retailers, importers, or distributors together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; [b] interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through and/or by the Contest Page; [c] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; [d] failed, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; [e] any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic, cellular telephone related or otherwise; [f] traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or wireless phone/handset related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; [g] late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries, email messages, or postage-due mail; [h] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or [i] printing errors in Contest / advertising materials. By entering and participating, entrants agree to: [a] abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest; [b] the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Sponsor and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of their names on the Contest Page, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to the winner to the extent permitted by law; and [c] to release, discharge and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion and selection of an alternate winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTEST ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTEST ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originate at any unauthorized Internet web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any potential winner who entered by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any associated web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select the applicable winner(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM THEIR LICENSEES AND/OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST PAGE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST PAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE CONTEST PAGE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. SEVERABILITY/HEADINGS: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
10. WINNER LIST: The name, city and state of the winner can be requested from Sponsor for approximately 60 days beginning on or about August 25, 2018. For a list of the winners of the Contest or for a copy of these Official Contest Rules, contact Sponsor by emailing at email@example.com.
Sponsor: The Jewish Education Project 520 8th Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
© 2018 The Jewish Education Project. The Jewish Education Project logo is a trademark of The Jewish Education Project or its affiliate.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to The Jewish Education Project and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes described in the Official Rules of the Contest, and for sending subscribers company updates and announcements. Please direct any questions to The Jewish Education Project and not to Facebook or Instagram.